McAfee Endpoint Security Review

Easy to use and very powerful

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for endpoint protection, to block malware and viruses.

What is most valuable?

We like the web control and firewall.

What needs improvement?

I have been using McAfee for twenty years.

It's very stable.

Scalability also works nicely. It's easier to scale it out on thousands of machines.

We only require two staff members for maintenance. There around 16,000 users.

They have two different kinds of support. One is enterprise support and one is normal support. They charge more for enterprise support and when we raise tickets we get a good response but with the normal support, their response is not quick. They don't give much preference to normal support. It can take three, four days, or even a week to get a reply from them.

Being in the IT industry, we have come across different products, McAfee and Defender plus Symantec, and Trend Micro. For my needs, I like McAfee the most. Symantec might be equivalent but I like McAfee the most.

What other advice do I have?

There are good web, application, and firewall control features. It would be helpful if the controlling of connections coming to the PC could be done from McAfee's side so that we can block those connections.

It's a good product. I would recommend it.

I would rate it a nine out of ten. It's easy to use and it's very powerful. It offers nice endpoint protection.

More McAfee Endpoint Security reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about McAfee Endpoint Security. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,431 professionals have used our research since 2012.