McAfee Endpoint Security Review

Suitable for managing very big environments and good for real-time detection and response

What is our primary use case?

We provide services. We mainly use this solution for endpoint security and protection. We have cloud, hybrid, and on-premises deployments.

What is most valuable?

A big advantage of McAfee Endpoint Security is the ability to manage very big environments. We are supporting environments with 200,000 to 300,000 endpoints. The ability to manage with one single console is very important for us.

McAfee has phenomenally improved in terms of detection. It provides real-time detection and response with the error, Real Protect, and reputations. It is not only based on signatures but also on behavior analytics, artificial intelligence, or machine learning. We have environments that never had issues with ransomware in the last 20 years. McAfee has a very good performance in this field.

What needs improvement?

The management console is a little bit difficult to understand for admins. You need a lot of time in order to become familiar with that. It is a little bit complicated and not too easy to understand.

Its price can also be improved. Its price is higher than its competitors.

McAfee also needs to have better cloud integration and more data centers in the EU. The cloud center should be in Europe or in Germany. In Germany, it is really important to have access to your data within the same country. Customer data needs to be placed and processed in the same country.

I have been using this solution for 20 years.

McAfee is very big. You can implement it in a very small environment but also in a very big environment. You don't have limits or limitations.

Technical support could be better. The first level of technical support has to support about 30 or 40 products, which is an impossible number to support. Therefore, their support teams at the first level needs the support of product specialists. You, in any case, get a professional product specialist at the second level, some times at the first level.

For the initial setup, McAfee always requires some kind of consulting, which is good for us as a provider. A customer cannot do an installation without help. It is not too easy for a customer, but it is fine for consultants.

Its price is very high. It is higher than its competitors, and it should be less.

What other advice do I have?

You would be very happy with McAfee if you have the know-how of this solution and you have somebody who is an expert at this solution. McAfee is not too easy to understand, but when you understand the solution, you could be very happy with it.

I would rate McAfee Endpoint Security a nine out of ten.

More McAfee Endpoint Security reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about McAfee Endpoint Security. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.