Meraki MS Switches Review

User-friendly with a simple interface, and we can orchestrate our network from the cloud

What is our primary use case?

We are a consultancy and we work with a variety of networking products, including Meraki MS Switches. Our primary use case is cloud orchestration, where you can log in from anywhere and manage our devices remotely.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ability to orchestrate the network from the cloud.

These switches are simple to use and the user interface is good.

What needs improvement?

Technical support can be faster to respond to non-telephone originated inquiries.

I have been using Meraki MS Switches for the past five months.

We are satisfied with the stability and plan to continue using this product.

I would rate scalability at 60% because it doesn't have the core functionality required for aggregated interfaces. For example, you can not use a virtual device context, so you can't scale easily.

We have close to 300 users in the organization.

The technical support is awesome. However, when you leave a case, they will not immediately contact you unless you first call them and explain that it is of high priority. They will respond immediately but it is important that you contact them by phone, first.

I used to work primarily with Juniper switches but I also work with Cisco and Meraki products. I was not part of the decision to use Meraki.

The initial setup is very straightforward and they can be deployed within minutes.

We have the hardware on-premises but it is a cloud-based, SD-WAN solution.

I normally deploy these switches myself.

What other advice do I have?

For cloud usage, I recommend this product.

More Meraki MS Switches reviews from users