Micro Focus Data Protector Review

It performs quick restores and integrates with multiple applications, but although new installations were problem-free, I found some problems with the IDB errors upgrading from v7 to v8.

What is most valuable?

The integrations with other applications, for example SQL, Oracle, and Exchange is valuable. Also, especially valuable is the granular mailbox backup.

How has it helped my organization?

• It's use is intuitive
  • Performs quick restores
  • Integrates with multiples applications

In this company, I’ve used this product for five years, but I used this product in my last company, at an HP partner where I did a lot of installations. I've used it from v5 to v8.

In new installations I’ve never found any problems, but with the upgrade from v7 to v8, I found some problems with the IDB errors.

There have also been issues with Exchange integration misconfigurations and licenses.

In v7, some W2012 clients fail occasionally.

No issues encountered.

It's perfect.

It's perfect.

No previous solution was used.

The initial set-up is very intuitive.

I’ve implemented the solution as HP partner and as final customer.

No other options evaluated.

What other advice do I have?

There are some issues with W2012 server clients. HP's solution is to update Data Protector version 8 or 9.

I would advise that you to test the product with all the options.

More Micro Focus Data Protector reviews from users