Micro Focus Data Protector Review

​The ease-of-use and management capabilities are the more valuable features for us.

What is most valuable?

How has it helped my organization?

We are able to utilize entry-level staff to operate our complete BURA. The product highly integrates and leverages the strengths with our other HPE products and our business processes.

What needs improvement?

The UX dates back to a very historic past. They need to bring it into this decade. Easy to say – difficult to do.

I've used it for 10 years.

We have had some bumps here and there as you would expect from a product in this category.

The product has struggled with some of its more complicated integrations (SQL Server and VMware) from time to time.

The product scales very well and cost-effectively.

The sales resources for Data Protector are quite limited.

The technical support resources are sometime challenging to work with due to language barriers. Latin American resources.

We have used this solution for 10 years now, but our staff has used other solutions in previous roles elsewhere.

One of Data Protector's key benefits is its simplicity. It may be the simplest product of this category to implement and operate.

We did an in-house implementation for the core features. We used HP consultants for implementing the HP Catalyst integration due to the capabilities and therefore the complexity. It has been a tremendous success.

We don’t disclose this information.

It has dead simple licensing and the pricing is appropriate for the features provided.

Our staff has used products during other phases of their careers. They have stated they are pleased with Data Protector.

1 visitor found this review helpful