Micro Focus Data Protector Review

The most valuable feature for us is its ability to connect and integrate with all the other systems of our company. The database, stability, ease-of-use, and the interface need improvement.

What is most valuable?

I think that the most valuable feature for us of HP Data Protector is its ability to connect and integrate with all the other systems of our company. It's very important to us that all individual solutions in our IT infrastructure are able to work together.

How has it helped my organization?

Because HP Data Protector connects with the other systems in our company, we're able to better use our time and resources to address other concerns instead of dealing with issues of incompatibility.

What needs improvement?

There are several areas for improvement, including the database, the stability, ease-of-use, and the interface (which is too old).

I've used it for about four years.

Yes, we've had some issues with deployment. Sometimes we've needed to connect to a client and launch the deployment from there.

Yes, we've had issues with stability. Specifically, the database that uses this version of of Data Protector is unstable.

We haven't had any issues with scalability of the solution itself. The only thing that holds it back are the licenses we've had to purchase to run more jobs.

I'd say that customer service is nice.

Technical support is good, but it seems that we're always needing to update versions.

We used a previous solution and we switched to HP Data Protector based on our partner's recommendation.

The initial setup was complex and we needed support from HP to complete it.

A vendor team implemented it for us. They had a nice level of expertise.

I'd say that our ROI is bad.

HP Data Protector is an expensive solution.

We did not evaluate other options.

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be to evaluate it first. My opinion is that HP doesn't improve this product enough.