Micro Focus Data Protector Review

Reliable on the server side for providing a trustworthy backend.

How has it helped my organization?

It is really helpful in giving us a great backup and restore environment, and it's especially a great help in doing the granular recovery for VMs, SharePoint, and Exchange servers.

What is most valuable?

It is very reliable on the server side for providing a trustworthy backend. The installation was simple and provided an easy way to install even on Unix servers. It has excellent features like deduplication.

What needs improvement?

Reporting on scheduled backups via the advanced scheduling option are non-existent, and this needs to be available.

VM backups needs to be improved. They need to make it similar to the way Veeam and Commvault are doing the virtual backups.

We've had no issues with its stability.

There have been no issues scaling it.

It's not good and needs to be improved.

It's not good and needs to be improved.

We were using EMC previously, and switched because this is easier to manage and it's cheaper.

It was easy and there were no major difficulties.

A vendor team came and performed the implementation. I recommend that you get a professional services team come and do it for you.

The ease of use for operators provides a quick response when restores are needed by the business.

The licensing structure provides cost savings to business.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: HP is also one of our customers. Partners.