Micro Focus Service Manager Review

Valuable Features

The fact that it's highly customizable is the most valuable feature for us. We can change it to suit our business needs. It's also really intuitive and easy to use.

Improvements to My Organization

It's seamlessly integrated across our business. It's multi-user, but we can tailor it to each individual user as well as make sure that each user group gets exactly what they need. In this way, it brings our business units together.

Room for Improvement

We have a rather old version, so naturally there have been improvements to the latest versions. The issues we have with web-based access, user-based knowledge access, etc. have already been resolved, I think. I'll know it when we eventually upgrade.

It deploys just fine for us.

We're coming to end-of-life on the product we've got. We're going to replace it soon.

We're not a massive organization. We don't needs hundreds and hundreds of people in Service Manager. So right now, it suits our needs perfectly.

Technical support is excellent. They really bend over backwards for us. We have access to demos and they suggest ways to do things. They're absolutely brilliant.

Other Solutions Considered

We're currently looking at the Big 4 vendors: ServiceNow, BMC, IBM, and HP. As we're already an HP customer, HP has a clear advantage.