1. Very easy to use. It can be done in a few steps in a wizard.
2. It is a free product that comes with Microsoft Windows.
3. It encrypts your whole drive, no matter if it is external or internal.
4. Recovery files can either be saved to a drive or printed to a paper.
Room for Improvement:
1. It is available for Microsoft Windows Ultimate and Enterprise editions only.
2. It takes a long time to encrypt and decrypt a drive.Bitlocker is a very user friendly tool, which can encrypt our data within a few clicks.
There is no hard work to do. Because of that, I prefer to use it. It has no big steps and is also a very light tool. A major thing is that it is a free tool that comes with Microsoft Windows.
As a student, I use flash drives frequently. Sometimes my colleagues borrow my flash and could potentially delete my important data. By encrypting my flash drive, I can avoid it.
However, there are still a few problems with it. It comes only with the windows Ultimate and Enterprise editions, so the users who use other editions cannot use this tool. It takes a long time to encrypt a drive.
Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
Jun 29 2012