Microsoft System Center Review

Needs multi-tenancy support and better management but is very stable

What is our primary use case?

Microsoft System Center is a suite of products with different products within it. We have experience using all of them. We primarily use the solution for client management.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easily available. That's its most valuable aspect.

What needs improvement?

The multi-tenancy support needs to be improved. We need to have the ability to manage several different environments from one central point of administration.

We've been using this solution for ten years.

The solution is stable. We haven't had issues. It doesn't crash or freeze and there aren't bugs or glitches. It's reliable.

I wouldn't describe the solution as scalable. That's not necessarily why you would use it.

We manage about 15,000 clients with this product currently.

We do not plan to increase usage in the future.

We have a support agreement with Microsoft. So far, we've been satisfied with the level of support we've received. They are responsive and knowledgeable and they do help when we require their assistance.

We did use a different solution, however, it was so long ago, I don't recall the name. It's been ten years. The switch of technology made us originally switch solutions.

The initial setup was not complex at all. It was pretty straightforward, from what I recall.

I'm not sure how long deployment took our team as I was not directly involved in the process. I'm not sure what our implementation strategy was or how it was executed.

We have about 10-15 staff members that handle deployment and maintenance.

We handled the deployment internally. We did not use a consultant, reseller, or integrator to assist us.

What other advice do I have?

We're using the latest version of the solution.

We have a business relationship with Microsoft. However, we are only a customer.

I'd recommend this solution to other companies. It's been quite good to us overall.

I'd rate the solution four out of ten.

More Microsoft System Center reviews from users