MySQL Review

What is our primary use case?

We use MySQL and MariaDB for most part of our mission critical applications

This as it is so simple to integrate with web applications, and other well known applications.

How has it helped my organization?

Since it has many integrations to web applications, it is very easy to install and deploy open source web applications.

What is most valuable?

How it uses clustering.

The API's to PHP, ruby, perl, java, python, and many more high level programming languages makes it easy for us to deploy new features fast.

What needs improvement?

How to scale out with shard clusters.

The way how to handle replications needs to be improved, as we noticed that there are some performance drop of (using only one core for example)

More than five years.

No issues.

Yes, the binary log replication process in a cluster environment has issues processing data as fast as it arrives.

A 10 out of 10.

A 10 out of 10.

We have been using many different types of databases, and will most likely use this one for part of our systems, as it is has so much integration.

The initial setup was easy.

We implemented it in-house.

Free.

Be sure to take backups of the solution, as this will check that the blocks are okay.

We decided to use "DB Protection for MySQL" as it has options to perform block level incremental forever, and integrates well with Spectrum Protect.

Yes, we checked MongoDB, PostgreSQL and MariaDB.