Nakivo Review

A fast and simple solution that gives us confidence in the stability of our environment

What is our primary use case?

We are a cosmetics laboratory, hosting a Dell server with ESXi 6.5, six virtual machines, and two Synology NAS.

How has it helped my organization?

NAKIVO has given us confidence by reducing the possibility of having a failure in our virtual machines.

The virtual machines in the laboratory are fundamental for the daily functioning of the laboratory, and a great number of people work on them every day. A failure in a virtual machine would have a very damaging impact on the laboratory, and a great economic cost.

What is most valuable?

Creating a backup task in NAKIVO is fast and easy.

Until you see it, you do not get the idea of how simple and fast NAKIVO is. This is why I always recommend installing the NAKIVO trial version.

After knowing NAKIVO, it is difficult to understand how other solutions are successful. It is fast, simple, powerful, and has a price without competition.

What needs improvement?

I think it is important to work not only in replicating the virtual machines in Amazon AWS but in other cloud systems. I want to have replicas in the cloud at a more competitive cost.

The solution is very stable and has a direct support system from NAKIVO.

Scaling this product is very simple, as its licensing system is both clear and economical.

It can be implemented to match whatever the size of the infrastructure is.

Accessing technical support is very easy. I usually do it by means of a ticket from NAKIVO. They not only answer me quickly, but they do not close the ticket until it has been solved.

I did not use a different solution prior to this.

The basic configuration for NAKIVO is extremely simple. In addition, you have access to support in a very simple way, either by opening a chat in real time or by sending a ticket that you will have a response to in less than twenty-four hours.

It's a simple solution.

The first time I implemented NAKIVO, I did it without experience and without help from anyone. The implementation was a success.

I have not calculated the ROI because the solution is really economical.

What I advise everyone is to install the trial version of NAKIVO and see the potential it has, as well as how simple it is.

The price is not a problem in NAKIVO, as it is the most competitive in the market.

I was looking for information about other systems for copying virtual machines, such as Veeam Backup. I chose NAKIVO and did not fail in my decision.

What other advice do I have?

My only advice is to try it.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: I am both partner and end user of Nakivo.