Nolio Release Automation Review

Built-in actions cover most day-to-day tasks. Plug-ins enable integration with other tools like ServiceNow, Jenkins and JIRA.

What is most valuable?

CA Release Automation has a GUI which is easy to use and develop the solutions.
Most of the day-to-day tasks which need automation have been already covered by built-in actions. So you just have to drag and drop to start using it.

It has various plugins, which make integration with other tools like ServiceNow, Jenkins, and JIRA, etc. easy and helps in implementing CI and CD, following an agile approach.

The ROC provides features that help in release management and ServiceNow authentication when enabled, and can make production deployments safe and error free.

How has it helped my organization?

Deployments have been automated fully and now all the teams follow a single, error-free approach of deployment, which is time saving and seldom faults. It helps to implement standardization.

What needs improvement?

I would suggest that, rather than just concentrating on release automation and management, this tool could provide for more automation in different areas, such as database automation (we already have this but still can be improved further).

I have used CA Release Automation for over three years.

No particular issue from CA Release Automation side. if we had any deployment failures it was mostly due to the environment.

The tool is very stable and any issues we have encountered have been due to infrastructure-related issues (servers/VMs) or human error.

We have not faced any issues which scalability till now, but we do not have implementations which are very large.

CA technical support is good. You also have a community where the experts will help you with issues.

I had used IBM RAF for deployments. It does not have the same flexibility as CA Release Automation for automation in it.

Initial setup is pretty straightforward and we did not face any issues.

We had previous knowledge about this tool, so selection was not difficult.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend it to whosoever wants a good solution for their automation, deployment and release management.

5.02
More Nolio Release Automation reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, IBM, Digital.ai and others in Release Automation. Updated: June 2021.
522,693 professionals have used our research since 2012.