Nutanix Mine Review

Has the ability to put the virtualization, networking, and security into one single appliance

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and we resell this product to our customers.

Our deployment method was on-premises. In the Middle East, there is a perception regarding the cloud and data going outside of the region. In regards to security, we did not find this solution to be very user-friendly. For this reason, we have chosen to utilize the on-premises deployment.

We have, however, seen an increase concerning the cloud, which is due to having a Microsoft data center. In the past, awareness and education were lacking for cloud deployment. There has been a huge improvement and people are open to listening to a cloud discussion, in the next few years everyone will use this method.

What is most valuable?

The features that our clients find to be the most valuable is the dashboard, the platform is easy to use, the hyper-converged infrastructure, and its ability to put the virtualization, networking, and security into one single appliance.

Compared to the competition the dashboard is very easy to use. Of course, everyone has different requirements, but in terms of the feedback that we have received, it was that the dashboard is very user-friendly and the interface is very easy to learn.

What needs improvement?

It would be great if the Nutanix Mine could be installed, not only with the on-premises model of deployment but on the public, private, or hybrid cloud.

In terms of stability, it is very stable. As a solution, we can have seven hundred customers online at once and continues to grow every day. This solution is mature and very well known in the market. Even the competition can agree that it is a good product.

It's very scalable. The customer could double his data. When they need more data you just add another node. It grows infinitely, and there is no limit while the data is being accessed. It's under one single interface, on one platform.

The support process is to go online and complete a ticket. After this, the support team gets back to you to resolve the issue. It helps also having a local support team, as they can go to the client to resolve the issues. The NPS score is ninety-two compared to the competition with a score of forty-two.

We sell solutions from a number of vendors and help our customers choose the ones that best meet their needs.

As a component, it takes a few hours. With the competition, it can take days or sometimes months. This deployment is a plug and play, once you install it, it can take hours to complete the implementation. I don't want to exaggerate it but if it is a modern environment it can take forty minutes.

It is very easy and user-friendly. You do not need professional services. We can provide training to our customers, depending on the SLA policy. We try to help define a data policy and how they want to utilize it.

The competition sells components individually, and the organizations have to provide licenses individually for each component. Nutanix has eliminated that considerably because you only need a single appliance and the total cost of ownership is a fraction of what it was previously. Once they pay for that appliance all that they need to do is to pay for the support. Support is semi-annually or in periods, depending on the customer and how they want to do it.

I am quite satisfied with the quality of this solution for the price, but for our customers, if they could look into the price and offer discounts, it would be helpful. When there is a discussion of the price we look at the value, the ease of use, and how they can save time and money by using this solution.

Nutanix is our best-selling product.

What other advice do I have?

At this time, anyone who is looking to innovate or to modernize should look into this solution.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.