Nutanix Prism Review

Sufficient for everyday operations, perfect support, and good for dynamic infrastructures

What is our primary use case?

We manage the basic infrastructure with Prism and Prism Control.

What is most valuable?

I like the general usability for general configuration. It is sufficient for everyday operations.

What needs improvement?

The life cycle management or LCM feature is the most complicated. It takes really long and is unpredictable for our use cases. They should provide more detailed information about the kind of LCM to go for, various errors, and different kinds of tasks.

For analytics for certain configurations, we require more details with the report. Sometimes, not all elements are present for support, management, and configuration.

For troubleshooting, it would be very easy and useful if we can analyze log files directly from Prism, that is, not from the command line but directly from Prism.

Their technical support is perfect. They provide very fast answers to every problem. The solution is generally provided on the same day.

When compared with VMware, it is an overpriced solution for basic features, but for a highly complex project, its price very adequate.

What other advice do I have?

It is a very complex solution with many different functionalities. Prism Element is for enterprises of any size. In Prism Pro or Prism Ultimate, the functionality is a bit locked to the company size and the IT infrastructure size. You don't always need a very big installation for a big business. I would advise others to use Prism Central because Prism Element does not have all the required management features that Prism Central has.

I would recommend this solution for all organizations planning to build infrastructure for any size and change. It is easy for changes in size or functionality.

I would rate Nutanix Prism a nine out of ten.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Distributor
More Nutanix Prism reviews from users
...who compared it with HPE OneView
Find out what your peers are saying about Nutanix, VMware, Dell EMC and others in Virtualization Management Tools. Updated: March 2021.
473,605 professionals have used our research since 2012.