Oracle Access Manager Review

Difficult to learn. Quick to use once you have some experience with it.

What is most valuable?

You can adapt any thing that you want to authenticate like (LDAP, Own Databases, Security Providers as RSA, Gemalto, WatchData, Vasco and so on).

How has it helped my organization?

Before using OAM we authenticated via RSA Web Services, Web Services are quick but OAM lets us be scalable and provides a performance improvement.

What needs improvement?

The JDK version that use is too old (JDK 6), some of RuntimeExceptions are relative to OSGi and Oracle dont provide information about it.

1 year

Yes, the classloader to deploy a Custom OAM Plugin is very difficult to understand, and its relative to OSGi framework.

Good

Bad, when we have problems Oracle Support doesn't fix it.

Like OAM no, we use workaround web services with RSA.

Yes, when you try to deploy and don't know exactly which, you can develop Custom OAM Plugins you need to search also about the OSGi Framework, this framework is the base of OAM Custom Plugins, and Oracle doesn't offer much documentation about it.

In-house but use Oracle Support account and their level of expertise is good but don't fix the problems very well.

At the beginning it was very difficult when I developed my first Custom OAM Plugin it took me around 2 months. Now I develop the same plugins in few minutes or max in 2 hours.

What other advice do I have?

Read about OSGi Framework before developing Custom OAM Plugins.