Oracle Access Manager Review
Difficult to learn. Quick to use once you have some experience with it.

Valuable Features

You can adapt any thing that you want to authenticate like (LDAP, Own Databases, Security Providers as RSA, Gemalto, WatchData, Vasco and so on).

Improvements to My Organization

Before using OAM we authenticated via RSA Web Services, Web Services are quick but OAM lets us be scalable and provides a performance improvement.

Room for Improvement

The JDK version that use is too old (JDK 6), some of RuntimeExceptions are relative to OSGi and Oracle dont provide information about it.

Use of Solution

1 year

Yes, the classloader to deploy a Custom OAM Plugin is very difficult to understand, and its relative to OSGi framework.

Good

Bad, when we have problems Oracle Support doesn't fix it.

Like OAM no, we use workaround web services with RSA.

Yes, when you try to deploy and don't know exactly which, you can develop Custom OAM Plugins you need to search also about the OSGi Framework, this framework is the base of OAM Custom Plugins, and Oracle doesn't offer much documentation about it.

Implementation Team

In-house but use Oracle Support account and their level of expertise is good but don't fix the problems very well.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

At the beginning it was very difficult when I developed my first Custom OAM Plugin it took me around 2 months. Now I develop the same plugins in few minutes or max in 2 hours.

Other Advice

Read about OSGi Framework before developing Custom OAM Plugins.

1 Comment

it_user158304Real User

An example of dummy authentication plugin at my github account:

04 September 15