Oracle Access Manager Review

We get identity federation, virtual directory and various other things so we can combine all of our backend Active Directory and other pieces into a directory that looks like one directory.

Improvements to My Organization

It provides us the ability to control who can get to what systems. It's been a challenge for us because it's definitely different from the old 10g SSO piece. We've had a few more challenges with that than we did with the old technology.

The good part of it is that it provides us a great deal of flexibility. With the Access Management Suite, you get identity federation, virtual directory and various other things so we can combine all of our backend Active Directory and other pieces into a directory that looks like one directory, including external users, vendors, and outside people with whom we have partnerships.

Room for Improvement

It needs to be simpler to install and simpler to maintain. There's lots of little pieces and moving parts, it seems. For a smaller shop like us, it's not an easy thing to move into.

Use of Solution

We've been using it for about two years.

It's been too unstable for us, mainly because we had some firewall issues, so we had to figure out a lot of those. We've had a couple of false-starts with the product. That's one of the things you get when you try to do it all yourself and don't get external help.

We've never really had a need to scale it much. It's documented fairly well, so I don't have an issue with that at all.

They're always hiring new people, so if you get a new person, it's somewhat chancy on getting good support, but they have excellent people generally. Eventually you can get to somebody who's excellent, especially if your problem is a challenging one. It's easy to escalate it and get it up there.

I've always thought working with Oracle support has been much better than any other vendor we've worked with. They're always improving their website and making it more helpful. I've been very pleased with their support.

1 Comment
UserUser

Good part of it is that it provides us a great deal of flexibility. With the Access Management Suite, you get identity federation, virtual directory and various other things so we can combine all of our backend Active Directory and other pieces into a directory that looks like one directory, including external users, vendors, and outside people with whom we have partnerships. Its really helpful

21 September 16