Oracle Cloud Review

Good monitoring capability but it should should support non-Oracle workloads

What is our primary use case?

We are using Oracle Cloud for ERP lift and shift.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the monitoring.

The cloud tools that Oracle provides are useful.

What needs improvement?

The networking is in need of improvement.

The price of this solution can definitely be improved.

This service is very specific to Oracle and we cannot have other types of workloads on Oracle Cloud. We need to have a multi-cloud solution because for Oracle products we use Oracle Cloud, but for other products, we need to use other clouds. If the option to run other workloads were available, such as those by Microsoft, then this would be an added advantage to the Oracle footprint.

We have been using Oracle Cloud for two years.

This solution is good, in terms of stability.

The scalability is good. We have approximately 200 users for our ERP and we do plan to increase usage in the future.

The technical support is ok, although it should be refined and more proactive.

The initial setup was a straightforward network peering between two tenancies.

The pricing is a little bit expensive compared to other products. There are no costs in addition to the standard licensing fees.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is considering this solution is to consult with Oracle before implementing it. The architecture and the features need to be considered for suitability because it is not a fit for everyone. They have to go through a process of evaluating these things in advance.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Other