Oracle Cloud Review

A stable, all-in-one system for our ERP and HCM applications

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use cases are ERP and HCM systems.

What is most valuable?

What I like best about Oracle Cloud is that it is an all-in-one system for everything.

What needs improvement?

Improvements can be made with respect to flexibility in the licensing model.

The deployment should be simpler to do.

The integration tools that they offer are quite complex to use. It would be nice if integration with the SAS tools were a bit easier for end-users. There is no user-friendly interface to navigate for this. If you look at a competing product like Salesforce, it's quite easy to write your own rules. They're not strictly speaking integrations, but it's easy to do your own configuration on new fields and relationships with fields for certain other parts of the system. With Oracle, it is a lot harder to do.

I have been working with Oracle Cloud for one year.

We haven't had trouble with respect to stability.

This product scales according to our needs and does what it claims.

We have approximately 4,000 users.

I have been in contact with technical support and I would say that they are good, albeit disconnected. They seem to work in silos, where some parts of the business understand their part well, but they don't understand the entirety of the Oracle solution well.

Onboarding Oracle is very complex and we are still halfway through the implementation. In total, it will take about a year and a half to deploy.

We are using an Oracle consultant to assist us with the deployment, and I can't say that I am satisfied with their service so far.

We have two or three in-house engineers who perform the maintenance.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing Oracle Cloud is to take it one step at a time. It is a good product and one that I recommend. Our implementation experience hasn't been great, but I think that the system is fine.

Other