Oracle Cloud Review

Easy to set up autonomous databases make it easy to automate your services

What is our primary use case?

We have customers working with these services and we work with those clients. Specifically, cloud services are made up of autonomous databases. There is an OCI (Oracle Call Interface) and this is configured depending exactly on the service that you want to use. When you talk about an autonomous database it makes it is easy to automate your services. You do not have to worry about the purchase and the upgrading of databases because Oracle will be taking care of those things.

Right now, here in our country, we are experiencing a problem where people are not able to understand the importance of this autonomous database architecture. My take is that it is the type of service that can elevate a certain type of company.

Most people are worried about putting their databases on the cloud because they worry about security issues. But with cloud end-customers, most of the people respond in a promising way now.

What is most valuable?

The best features are the independence from hardware onsite, the ease of setup, and the lack of need for maintenance.

What needs improvement?

So far, I do not have ant problems with the product. But I think that Oracle — especially for people in Africa — can look at the issues with subscriptions. They could make it so that people are able to have a better experience in trying out the product as that might lead to more adoption. Maybe they could look at reducing the price of the subscription because most of us are not able to afford it at the current level. The price in the subscription, for those who may want to subscribe to the cloud as a customer, keeps those potential customers from even considering it as a solution. Some of us are struggling a bit.

We have been working with Oracle Cloud for less than six months.

Oracle is stable. Stability is built into the cloud. The reliability of the connection is the only potential problem.

Oracle Cloud is highly scalable. We are definitely going to use this product in the future and plan on scaling our usage with our customers. The way that end-users and potential customers are responding to the product is promising. A year ago when you talk about the cloud, people would not even listen to what you were saying.

Unfortunately, right now there is no one in our company who is using the product. We do not have our own subscription. We are still trying to expand our customer base and secure more customers to use the service.

I can not say anything about the technical support, because I have not done anything with the cloud that made it necessary for me to consult with them. My take is that because of the way Oracle Cloud has been designed, it is user friendly. This is especially true for the infrastructure as a service.

The way it is deployed, it is not going to be difficult to administer the infrastructure as a service on the client side.

Even though I did not do a lot of setups, my take is that the navigation of the setup process is user-friendly and conceptualized well. I think most people — even if they are not a DBA — can deploy a database on Oracle Cloud. Because the interface is so user-friendly and the navigation is not hard, it does not take a lot of effort to accomplish your task. Deployment takes just a few minutes for creating a situation where you are just testing. But it will take just a few hours for a live environment.

I did not use an integrator, reseller, or consultant for the deployment. I was not necessary and I was able to complete it just doing it by myself.

The cost of the subscription is high and may exclude many customers, especially in my country.

I only use Oracle, but recently, I was looking at the vendor Salesforce. I was looking at their website and I think their concept and approach are quite interesting. It may be applicable for some of our clients.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product, definitely. In a way, I am already working on that with potential customers by recommending its use for them. Most of the features that I have used in the product are good and I am happy with it. Oracle is good in terms of how they do things.

On a scale from one to ten (where one is the worst and ten is the best), I would rate Oracle Cloud as an eight-out-of-ten.

More Oracle Cloud reviews from users