Oracle GoldenGate Review

Good replication between databases and can accept data from multiple sources

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use is to transfer data or tables in databases from one server to another.

What is most valuable?

GoldenGate can connect and collect data from multiple sources, such as SQL Server.

What needs improvement?

There are some DDLs that have problems with GoldenGate. These issues detract from stability and it is something that should be improved.

I would like to see the interface more graphical and easier to use. I like Microsoft products, for example, because they are easy to use. When I work in SQL Server, which is integrated with Oracle GoldenGate, I find it better to work in than Oracle.

We have been using Oracle GoldenGate for the past three or four years.

GoldenGate is a stable product.

Usually, it works with no problems. Sometimes there are issues, but we have been able to solve them.

It is easy to scale once you learn it.

This product has been working well in our environment so we haven't had the need to contact technical support.

The initial setup was straightforward. It took three or four months to complete.

The implementation was done by the Oracle team.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering this product that its suitability depends on the environment. If Oracle is being used then it is a good solution but otherwise, another product would be a better choice. I would suggest using a solution by the same vendor as the database that is being used.

12c
More Oracle GoldenGate reviews from users
...who work at a Healthcare Company
Learn what your peers think about Oracle GoldenGate. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,690 professionals have used our research since 2012.