Oracle GoldenGate Overview

Oracle GoldenGate is the #8 ranked solution in our list of top Data Integration Tools. It is most often compared to AWS Database Migration Service: Oracle GoldenGate vs AWS Database Migration Service

What is Oracle GoldenGate?
Oracle GoldenGate is a comprehensive software package for real-time data integration and replication in heterogeneous IT environments. The product set enables high availability solutions, real-time data integration, transactional change data capture, data replication, transformations, and verification between operational and analytical enterprise systems.

Oracle GoldenGate is also known as GoldenGate.

Oracle GoldenGate Buyer's Guide

Download the Oracle GoldenGate Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

Oracle GoldenGate Customers
Japan Exchange Group, Daewoo E&C, Herbalife, Starwood Hotels & Resorts, Canon, Turk Telekom
Oracle GoldenGate Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Oracle GoldenGate pricing:
  • "Pricing is based on anual licensing with additional costs for support packages."
  • "We do like the price of this solution."
  • "We have an enterprise license for it. It might be for three years or so. I'm not aware of any additional costs to the standard licensing fee."

Senior Oracle Database Admin at mrcc
Powerful solution that centralizes our data and has a user-friendly interface

What is our primary use case?

The areas we use for this product for is centralizing the collection of hospital data. In Saudi Arabia there are five special hospitals and each branch there is a local facility for data entry. Users enter data in the local database in their branches and the data is collected in a centralized database that is also in Saudi Arabia. These tools use criteria to identify cases that are similar in different hospital branches to help in diagnosis and treatment. I am working on this project to serve as the administrator for the database. Before this, I joined a lot of projects, sometimes part-time… more »

• "This is a powerful solution provided by one of the most respected companies in the computer industry."
  • "Technical support for Oracle products needs to be more efficient (at least locally in Egypt)."

What other advice do I have?

My opinion of GoldenGate is that it is an improvement over earlier Oracle products. I think that the interface for GoldenGate is very user-friendly. I recommend that people support the use of Oracle GoldenGate and have made this opinion known to colleagues in Egypt who are responsible for team projects. On a scale from one to ten — one being the worst and ten being the best — I would grade Oracle GoldenGate as a nine right now. After one or two more months working with the product, maybe the nine would be ten. It could be ten right now because I haven't faced any problems. This tool and…
Chief Enterprise Architect at a non-profit with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good technical support and very stable, but memory is an issue

What is our primary use case?

We use the product internally to cover one of our data synchronization needs. The use case is likely to be unique in the world. The solution involves 3000 pharmacies distributed geographically on several islands and continents. Each pharmacy has an ERP for managing pharmacy operations (sales, purchases, logistics, etc.). And we are synchronizing all the data and transactions that are generated in the ERP, with a central database (Exadata).

• "The CDC feature is interesting."
  • "We struggle with memory. It's limited. However, it may be because of our unique business case and how we use it that it's limiting for us."

What other advice do I have?

We're currently in the middle of a huge project using Oracle GoldenGate. We have a unique business case in the world - synchronizing 3000 OLTP databases to an Exadata. Normally Oracle GoldenGate use cases are for 10 or 50 maximum data sources. We are using OGG version 19 in the OGG Hubs (Replicators). In the source, we are using OGG version 13 microservices (Extractors). We have a hybrid OGG architecture: the data source is on-premise and the hubs and the Exadata are in the OCI (Oracle Cloud Infrastructure). We have on-premise extractors and replicators in the cloud. the connection is made…
Learn what your peers think about Oracle GoldenGate. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
510,534 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Data Analyst & BI Specialist at ABS LBS
Fast and efficient replication between central and local repositories

What is our primary use case?

We implement this solution for our customers, and our most recent deployment was for a client in France. The solution involved one central database and ten replicas that were distributed to the local offices. The central database is automatically updated as the replicas are changed, and similarly, when the central database is modified, each of the local copies is updated accordingly.

• "This solution provides us with real-time replication and it does not affect the performance of other operations, which is very important to us."
  • "I find the user interface to be difficult for non-technical people."

What other advice do I have?

This solution is priced well, is fast, and doesn't have any impact on our production database. I would rate this solution and eight out of ten.
Senior Manager of System and Database at ESL
Reseller
Quite stable and scalable with an easy implementation process

What is our primary use case?

The solution in our organization is not used for execution. We use it for a few schedules and to replicate in different databases.

• "They've recently improved the ease of implementation."
  • "The solution is quite costly, and if they could reduce their pricing, it would be more economical to implement."

What other advice do I have?

We're a reseller. We help our clients implement the solution. I'm not sure which version of the solution I'm using or if it's the most current. GoldenGate, right now, is a really fantastic solution. The price is high, but it's worth the cost, in my opinion. It works with heterogeneous environments like Oracle, or IBM digital. We host it in servers and we host it in databases. A lot of the times we also host it in MySQL or on the MySQL database. The solution uses a very low latency bandwidth because GoldenGate actually transfers the data. It will not take up a lot of resources like CPU or…
SP
Database Administrator at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
A truly scalable and pretty stable solution that works, but it needs better documentation, support, and easier troubleshooting

What is our primary use case?

It supports data movement for heterogeneous platforms as well as homogeneous platforms. We are using it for both use cases. Some use cases are for secondary sites, and some use cases are for different applications, such as data warehousing. We are using its latest version.

• "It moves the data as you set it up, and it works. I am also very impressed with its stability and scalability. It is not super feature-rich, but the new releases have more functionality. It recently had more native integrations with Oracle Database. If you are using it against an Oracle database, it has a lot more functionality."
  • "Troubleshooting issues is not always the easiest. It should be easier to troubleshoot. Their support can also be improved. They don't read your problem statement and waste a lot of time. GoldenGate for big data is actually a separate license. It is sort of a separate product, but it might fall underneath your GoldenGate category. If we're talking about big data, its interaction with big data sources is poorly documented."

What other advice do I have?

It works great as a text-based application. There are a lot of hooplas you have to run through for more of a GUI support. It requires a high level of knowledge to get started. I would definitely recommend starting out with very simple extracts, pumps, and replicates to get the environment working and then jump in with specific tables that you need. I would rate Oracle GoldenGate a six out of ten.
MZ
Solutions Architect Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Good data replication capabilities, but integration and technical support need to be improved

What is our primary use case?

We are a reseller, and we implement this solution for our clients. They are generally either government or financial institutions. These clients use other Oracle technologies for tasks such as identity management and business intelligence. This solution is used to replicate the data for purposes such as disaster recovery and high availability.

• "When we are replicating data between similar databases then it is straightforward."
  • "The process of transforming the data between two different databases is inefficient and needs to be improved."

What other advice do I have?

This is a good solution for data replication, but there are some areas that need to be improved. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
Consultant at National Water Company
A stable solution that can integrate heterogenic systems

What is our primary use case?

Right now we use GoldenGate adapt tools to integrate the Oracle database with Microsoft DataPoint. We also use GoldenGate for CDB and as a sophisticated feature for auditing on records and to help with records capture by GoldenGate.

• "The initial setup is straightforward. It doesn't take too much time or effort to implement the solution."
  • "The solution, in general, should be easier to use, with less need to perform workarounds within the system."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution around eight or nine out of ten. The solution is extremely stable.
MA
Oracle ERP DBA Conultant- Oracle Super Cluster T5-8 Admin at a government with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good replication between databases and can accept data from multiple sources

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use is to transfer data or tables in databases from one server to another.

• "GoldenGate can connect and collect data from multiple sources, such as SQL Server."
  • "I would like to see the interface more graphical and easier to use."

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering this product that its suitability depends on the environment. If Oracle is being used then it is a good solution but otherwise, another product would be a better choice. I would suggest using a solution by the same vendor as the database that is being used. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
See 2 more Oracle GoldenGate Reviews