Oracle GoldenGate Review

A stable solution that can integrate heterogenic systems

What is our primary use case?

Right now we use GoldenGate adapt tools to integrate the Oracle database with Microsoft DataPoint. We also use GoldenGate for CDB and as a sophisticated feature for auditing on records and to help with records capture by GoldenGate.

What is most valuable?

GoldenGate is a perfect product. It's very stable and can integrate heterogenic systems. I believe GoldenGate is one of the best Oracle products.

What needs improvement?

Monitoring needs improvement. Right now we lose a lot of of time and effort. To have a real monitoring system is the most important thing. If you replicate between systems 24/7, you need a strong monitoring tool. It's not taken from a lot of effort and a lot of support and involvement with Nexus adapters to plug into our Oracle enterprise manager.

Scalability also needs to be addressed. There's not a straightforward way to handle it.

The solution, in general, should be easier to use, with less need to perform workarounds within the system.

I've been using the solution for more than five years.

It's a very stable product because of its processing ability. If we have any issues, Oracle resolves them quickly. I appreciate Oracle support. It ensures GoldenGate offers a stable service.

Scalability is a challenge. I believe this area also needs more effort. If I need to set up GoldenGate on high availability deployment, we have to do a lot of workarounds. High levels of scalability are a challenge. It's not straightforward.

Oracle technical support in GoldenGate is not the same as Oracle support for their Azure database. Usually, we try to handle it ourselves because if we have to call, it might take three or four days and still not be handled correctly.

The initial setup is straightforward. It doesn't take too much time or effort to implement the solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution around eight or nine out of ten. The solution is extremely stable.