Oracle Hyperion Review

We haven't had issues with performance and scalability.

Valuable Features

The entire ETL function is of great value and no feature on its own will function alone. So in my eyes there is not one feature that really stands out on its own.

Improvements to My Organization

I work in a consulting role but I believe that by implementing it a lot of organizations’ manual processes have been automated.

Room for Improvement

FDM has become redundant and is being replaced by FDMEE. FDM will not be supported in the near future anymore and no further development/improvements are done on this product.

It is a manual setup of the type of data that you want to load. To build the application you have to setup and create various locations, maps, categories, etc. You also need to define your input data structure to a certain extent. There is allot of manual work when it comes to creating an application but once the application is created there shouldn’t be any issues when it comes to loading data.

Use of Solution

I've been using Oracle Hyperion Financial Quality Data Manager for four years.

There were no issues with the deployment.

We've experienced no issues with performance.

It's been able to scale for our needs.

99% of the time we do our own troubleshooting.

I started with this product.

The initial setup was rather complex but I knew what I needed to do to achieve the end result. There are also allot of reading material on these products if you get stuck.

Implementation Team

We used an in-house team. My advice would be to know what you want to achieve with the tool because it is very flexible.

Other Advice

I would not recommend implementing FDM as it is falling away and will not be supported in the near future.