Oracle Hyperion Review

Valuable Features

It is a multi user web based system, which is easier for us to deploy since we have a global presence. That was our most important goal at the time we purchased the solution. The forecasting and the fact that all the users can have input are valuable as well.

Room for Improvement

They could make it less complicated. Less maintenance and lower costs would be great. Also, I would like to see some improvement in the reporting studio. It practically hasn’t been touched and is kind of static.

Use of Solution

We have been using the product since 2007.

At the beginning, it was not that stable, but the software has been getting better.

It's not very scalable. If I wanted to add another hundred users tomorrow, it wouldn’t do that. We are not on the cloud system though, so it probably works better if you are.

The support at Oracle is so specialized, even within a single product, because each product has several components. When you have a problem, you have to go through a lot of different specialists within Oracle to find a complete answer. I prefer to just have a single stop with one person taking care of the issue.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

It is not going to be cheap. It's a premium product, so it's going to be expensive.

Other Advice

It’s not going to be simple. If you are a small company, there probably is a better product out there. If you’re a huge company, it is probably going to be a fit for you. I would rate the product an 8 out of ten.