Oracle Integration Cloud Service Review

It is simple to create SOAP and REST end points and integrate with them.

What is our primary use case?

Integration of SaaS solutions that form systems of reference. Exposing simplified APIs to digital front ends.

Integration of cloud & on-premises solutions  (hybrid model) supporting secured remote access to on-premises data sources.

How has it helped my organization?

The integration of cloud solutions and realizing Hybrid intergrations with existing on-premises solutions has become far easier (compared to SOA suite).

The movement from ICS to Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC) has meant the introduction of additional capabilities which will be of positiver value such as Visual Cloud builder, scaling restrictictions of ICS removed.

What is most valuable?

• The simplicity and ease of creating SOAP and REST endpoints and integrating with them. New features being added regularly to make it a significant integration platform.

What needs improvement?

Some of the adapters could be enhanced to make integration even simpler.

The example I would use is the GMail interface - it requires Base64 encoded content. But to make the interface simpler, the API should provide the encoding and the adapter simply accept plain text.

No stability issues.

There are volumetric constraints today driven by licensing, but we haven't encountered an issue with this. However, people should consider them before signing up.

The solution is self-serve, so little contact is necessary. When we have spoken to Oracle (more to ask questions about future features), we have had friendly, helpful engagement.

Technical support is good

SOA. Adopting ICS with JCS offers a cost effective and flexible platform

Initial setup was a piece of pie.

Own team

Agility, now middleware deployment challenges (excluding agents - but they are pretty simple)

Look at volumetric and the number of different connections

Other Oracle integration options that can help with hybrid use cases

What other advice do I have?

Look carefully at the adaptors, they aren't always fully featured when announced.