Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Review

The most valuable features are the forums, translation and data movement. I would like to see instant dynamic calculations and more out of the box functionality.

Valuable Features

The most valuable features are the Planning forums, the ability to do all sorts of translation, and the ability to move data about with relative ease if the coding isn't too difficult.

Room for Improvement

I would like to see instant dynamic calculations and more out of the box functionality within Planning. I would also like to see a feature with HFM and Planning to move data more frequently and easily. The tuning of the Hyperion Planning applications is not intuitive or well-documented, and that has been a major drawback that was addressed in HFM, but not yet in Planning to my knowledge.

FDM, however, is really clunky, difficult to use and slower than it should be. When you map data, you have to manually tell the system what to clear or it will take forever. For large scalability applications, FDM is really lacking.

Use of Solution

We have been using Planning for five years.

Stability didn't exist on level 120, but on level 122 we're very stable. There are no issues.

We are hoping that the hybrid that is being created will fit meet our company’s needs going forward. The limitation right now is in the ability to do dynamic calculations instantaneously.

The support at Oracle is just terrible. When you call, it takes a couple days to get a response, and the answers and questions you get back are not well thought-out. In fact, they are often just nonsense. If you have all the components, support should be able to pull them up. They had a few good people that we used to work with, but they left.

In level 122, creating a new cube is very difficult. I'm hoping that in level 124 it will be much easier. It should be more straightforward for the end users. As is, it’s a little too geared towards IT professionals.

Other Advice

While it’s definitely the market leader for HFM, I’m not sure I would say the same for Planning because the architecture could be more advanced. I would look at the competitors, but I do like Planning, and I would rate it a seven out of ten.

More Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Adaptive Insights, SAP and others in Business Performance Management. Updated: June 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.