Polarion Requirements Review

Stability is questionable given the high number of timeouts we experience

What is our primary use case?

We are users of the product and I'm a systems engineer. We use the product to review and assign requirements we receive from customers. For now we have around 10 people using the solution. This may be increased in the coming months.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature from my side would be the comparison composition but it doesn't work every time. If you have a long document and depending on the requirements it can sometimes time out.

What needs improvement?

The product could be improved if the NTS solution worked more quickly, it's sometimes very slow. As a starting point, I'd like to see more requirements.

An additional feature for the next release would be to include a better import option from the data requirement solutions.

It's been more than two years since we implemented it.

It is stable enough but if you would like to work with more requirement objects, then you will get timeouts. So it's stable, but not usable all the time.

I'm not sure that the scalability is good. I think we have enough room and memory on our server for it to work but it is too slow and we get timeouts. In that respect I don't think scalability is good.

Technical support is fine, but they haven't solved our main problem. They are very direct and helpful, but couldn't solve the problem.

We previously used IBM DOORS which isn't exactly the same solution so it's difficult to compare, but for requirements management, it was better.

Initial setup was straightforward and took around two to three hours to deploy.

We purchased the product, so now we only have to pay for maintenance.

There were other products evaluated but I was not part of the team involved in that process.

What other advice do I have?

For anyone interested in the product I would suggest evaluating it in real conditions, with a specific project because of the issue with requirements.

I would rate this product a two out of 10.

Private Cloud