Polarion Requirements Overview

Polarion Requirements is the #8 ranked solution in our list of top Application Requirements Management tools. It is most often compared to IBM Rational DOORS: Polarion Requirements vs IBM Rational DOORS

What is Polarion Requirements?
Polarion REQUIREMENTS is designed from the ground for highly effective, transparent and secure collaboration, while teams have the option to work in their familiar environments.

Download the Application Requirements Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2021

Polarion Requirements Customers
NetSuite, Ottobock, Zumtobel Group, Kªster Automotive GmbH, Sirona Dental Systems, LifeWatch, U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), PHOENIX CONTACT Electronics GmbH, Metso Corporation
Polarion Requirements Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Polarion Requirements pricing:
  • "It is expensive but not for what it is. It is just the right price for what it is. Its price is also similar to other solutions."

IZ
Assistant Engineer at Zsikla István
Well-structured, but the import feature and the dashboards need to be improved

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for systems engineering and department management. We have a private-cloud deployment.

• "I like the way this solution is structured."
  • "If we have more than one thousand work items in one live-book then it becomes almost unusable."

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing this solution is to use it only for smaller projects. I cannot think of any features that should be added, but some effort should be put into making the existing ones more usable. I would rate this solution a five out of ten.
RW
Lead of Development Team at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
A holistic solution that offers good test management and is very stable and scalable

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case involves developing custom products. We manage the requirements there.

• "The biggest improvement would be in the transparency we have now. We have very complex products. We make whole systems with difficult and diverse areas such as hardware, software, mechanical and printing, etc. To get the overview of all the requirements into a system, at that sizing, is the main advantage we have in the organization now."
  • "The one thing I would mention is the license policy is a little bit difficult. For different roles, you will need different license models. That seems a little bit difficult for us. Especially when you introduce such a complex system, you want to know the right way is to do licensing. It's not clear what that best way would be. The solution will be here for a long time, and I just think it could be more clear."

What other advice do I have?

We are using the on-premises deployment model. My advice to others considering implementing the solution is that you should check your requirements for such a tool and process. Everything depends on the company. Our experience was to first fix the process of engineering requirements for vendor tools. We had to prepare for the introduction of the solution very well by creating a proper process. It's very important to go through everything beforehand. I would rate the solution nine out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about Siemens, Atlassian, IBM and others in Application Requirements Management. Updated: July 2021.
524,194 professionals have used our research since 2012.
IZ
Assistance Engineer at a transportation company with 501-1,000 employees
Stability is questionable given the high number of timeouts we experience

What is our primary use case?

We are users of the product and I'm a systems engineer. We use the product to review and assign requirements we receive from customers. For now we have around 10 people using the solution. This may be increased in the coming months.

• "A valuable feature from my side would be the comparison corporization."
  • "It is stable enough but if you would like to work with more requirement objects, then you will get timeouts."

What other advice do I have?

For anyone interested in the product I would suggest evaluating it in real conditions, with a specific project because of the issue with requirements. I would rate this product a two out of 10.
MS
ALM Change & Deployment at a consultancy with 1-10 employees
Good flexibility, good price, useful APIs, and very stable

What is our primary use case?

We use it for requirements management.

• "Its flexibility and APIs are the most valuable."
  • "Its user interface could be more user friendly. In addition, a lot of features are missing for test management. It should have the test case ordering feature."

What other advice do I have?

Polarion should not be used for project management. It should be used for feasibility and requirement management. I would recommend to use it first to understand the features and then improve it. We wanted to improve and adapt it to our new requirements, but we never finished doing that. So, we are not able to release. It is a little bit hard to understand the features. That's why I am recommending to use it first. I would rate Polarion Requirements an eight out of ten. It is quite a good solution.
Download our free Application Requirements Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about Siemens, Atlassian, IBM, and more!