Quest KACE Asset Management Appliance Review

Good for package and asset management, but not 100% accurate

What is our primary use case?

We use Quest KACE Asset Management Appliance for pushing any non-Windows based patches such as Adobe patches, installing new software or an approved set of software, or upgrading to a new release of Windows. We are using its latest version, which they have released recently.

What is most valuable?

We utilize the package management feature the most. We also use it for getting the inventory. Companies like us don't have an inventory or asset management system per se. A lot of companies, for instance, use SCCM as their asset management tool. We are using Quest KACE Asset Management Appliance for asset management, which is a good feature.

The feature that I really like is to be able to upgrade to the Windows management systems or Windows version. It is very seamless, and I have found it fairly good.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes, it feels like the inventory it takes is not 100% accurate. I would say it is correct 90% of the time. We have had some issues. So, we have to rely on some factors of inconsistency in the data.

I have been using this solution for the last six years.

They were fine. It was not super support or tech job. They were neither great nor bad.

The initial setup was not very difficult.

When we got this solution, I spoke to the Quest team, and they said that they can help. We got some support from them.

It is less expensive as compared to SCCM.

What other advice do I have?

I would suggest getting support for installing it.

I would rate Quest KACE Asset Management Appliance a five out of ten. It is not the best solution. It is not great, it is not bad.

Find out what your peers are saying about Quest Software, ServiceNow, Qualys and others in IT Asset Management. Updated: January 2021.
455,301 professionals have used our research since 2012.