Quest NetVault Review

Good user interface and technical support, but the granularity of file restoration needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and this is one of the products that I provide technical support for.

Our customers use it for application and database backup and recovery.

What is most valuable?

The user interface is good.

What needs improvement?

The granularity of file restoration needs to be improved.

I would like to see the option of cloud-based management.

I have been working with Quest NetVault for almost three years.

Every product has known issues when it comes to stability. However, with NetVault, we have not had any serious problems.

We have not had any trouble with scalability.

The technical support from the vendor is good and we don't have any issue with it.

I have worked with several backup and recovery solutions such as Commvault and Veeam.

NetVault does not have the feature set that Commvault has.

If the steps are followed properly then the initial setup will be straightforward.

We implement and deploy NetVault for our customers. If we have any trouble then we eventually resolve it. We don't simply tell the customer that it isn't possible. Ultimately, our customers have been happy with the solution.

What other advice do I have?

Every product has advantages and disadvantages. The suitability of NetVault depends on the customer's environment and the requirements. Customers do not have the same kind of environment, which means that what works fine with one customer may leave another with issues.

This is a good solution, but some products have better features such as archiving and deduplication. In my opinion, Commvault is the best choice for backup and recovery.

I would rate this solution a five out of ten.

More Quest NetVault reviews from users