Rally Software Review

Tracks progress against plans and links strategy to execution.

What is most valuable?

• Requirements management
  • Development team planning
  • Tracking progress against plans
  • Linking strategy to execution

How has it helped my organization?

We now have a more holistic view of how development teams are executing against the enterprise’s strategic roadmap. This improves our ability to prioritize work and to manage our risks and dependencies.

What needs improvement?

• Defect and test case management
  • Executive-level reporting capabilities
  • Project management functionality (financials, EVM, resource planning, etc.)
  • Lacks the ability for non-coders to create custom app/widget charts

I have been using Agile Central for eight years.

We haven’t had any stability issues. We’ve experienced reliable uptime and few defects.

I’m currently working for a large Fortune 500 company and we haven’t any issues with scalability.

Technical support is excellent; however, some of our users find it a little confusing as to how to submit a case/help ticket.

We previously used a home-grown solution and wanted to switch to a more scalable solution.

The initial setup is fairly straightforward but there are certain best practices as to how to configure Agile Central. Typically, the CA Agile Central account manager will provide guidance as to how to best configure Agile Central and will be available to answer ongoing questions as they arise.

You can negotiate prices, technical services, and professional services if you need a large amount of seat licenses.

We looked at VersionOne, Pivotal Tracker, and Trello.

What other advice do I have?

Work with your CA Agile Central account manager to determine the best way to implement and configure Agile Central based on your needs. Put together a basic usage policy, training document, and training presentation for users. Limit the number of administrators to a small handful of people. Integrate Agile Central with your other SDLC tools.