SAP Business One Review

Good licensing model, simple, and stable, but not suitable for large enterprises

What is most valuable?

It is quite simple, and it is suitable for medium and small businesses.

What needs improvement?

Our company is expanding to different countries, and business is growing. We feel that it is not good enough for the huge volume of the business. On-premises setup is not good enough for the overseas office. We have our onsite premises in Hong Kong, but we have a major sales office in the US. We are looking for a more efficient setup to fulfill our requirements and needs.

It can have portals for vendors, suppliers, and customers. I know that they have this feature in version 10, but it still has space to improve.

I have been using this solution for two years.

It is stable. There are some limitations, but they are there because we are using quite an old version. We are using version 9.2, which is no longer supported by the SAP. When we have to find any issue or any bug, it is not easy to find a way to resolve it. This is not really a product issue.

We get support from a local service provider. They also did the implementation of this solution. We have a good relationship with them for the enhancements on the software in the offices.

Its initial setup is simple. It was not done by me, but I know that it is not so complicated to set up.

We have a consultant firm that helps us with the setup.

Its licensing model is good. There is a one-off payment for the software license, and after that, you only need to pay the annual maintenance fee. Compared to other cloud-based systems, this cost model is quite reasonable for SMEs.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution depending on the nature and the size of the business. For SMEs with a simple business model, SAP Business One is good enough to meet their needs, but for big enterprises, SAP ECC would be more suitable.

I would rate SAP Business One a seven out of ten.

More SAP Business One reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with SAP S4HANA
Learn what your peers think about SAP Business One. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.