SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse Review

Data analysis in a centralized location that can be viewed before sharing

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for reporting and data analysis for the business areas.

How has it helped my organization?

We're using it to have a consolidated and centralized data access point on which we build the data models and queries that are then distributed and consumed on the SAP BO solution (Webi reports and ad-hoc reports in Analysis for Office).

What is most valuable?

Data cleansed and harmonization. It provides us with proof of data, we can centralize all of the information, check it, and then provide the information to our users.

What needs improvement?

Technical support can improve by providing support in different languages. Sometimes, both customers and support are not English native-speaking people and the issue/resolution can be misunderstood.

We have been using SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse for three years.

This solution is much more stable now that it is powered by HANA and the performance has improved a lot.

Also, the critical issues that they had in the past are all gone.

This solution is scalable.

We have thirty to forty users.

The technical support is helpful, but at times it could be better. It is difficult when your native language is not English. It is difficult for us to explain our issue and also difficult for the technical team to explain a resolution to us.

Previously we did not use another solution, we have always worked with SAP.

It depends on the area we're building the data models. Some are easier than others. For some setups, we can use the straightforward BI content and take advantage of the templates provided.

Normally we do not use a vendor or integrator to implement this solution. We only use a third-party if it is requested.

What other advice do I have?

I was successful in connecting MS-PowerBI to the Business Warehouse.

7.50
Find out what your peers are saying about SAP, Microsoft, Teradata and others in Data Warehouse. Updated: July 2021.
524,194 professionals have used our research since 2012.