SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Portal Review

The UI makes the setup easy to do from anywhere

What is our primary use case?

We are using SAP NetWeaver as middleware for connectivity. The way it is being used is systematical.

We are proposing this solution to one of the biggest financial regulators in India.

What is most valuable?

They integrated it with the SAP router.

While the UI already comes in a SaaS environment, the models are integrated and aligned.

What needs improvement?

Our customers expect that a page will open within one second, and I doubt this will happen. Also, opening documentation takes time. Fixing this will help the customer and help to meet their expectations.

SAP needs to come up with a standardized version of NetWeaver. The solution is good on the internal side, but not so much from the client perspective when they view it.

I still need to do a benchmarking task for scalability.

The technical support is good. I haven't seen any issues.

SAP setups are not easy. However, if you are smart and know the product well, the setup can be easy. It all depends on the capability of the implementer.

The UI does make it user-friendly and easy to use from anywhere for the setup.

We are a CSP providing the infrastructure.

Because India is so competitive in the IT world, people will start to move away from SAP's pricing because they have a market monopoly. Soon, they will start losing the monopoly part to open source and other things. I don't think their monopoly will run for more than three to four years because people are getting away from these monopolies.

I would recommend using another solution, like open source, as they are restricting the validity connector to the SAP tables and other things.

What other advice do I have?

It is a good product. I would rate it an eight (out of 10).

7.x
Find out what your peers are saying about SAP, IBM, Microsoft and others in Application Infrastructure. Updated: July 2021.
523,535 professionals have used our research since 2012.