SAP S4HANA Review

Feature-rich and offers different deployment options, but the customization should be improved

What is our primary use case?

We are a pre-sales team and I have been working as a consultant for SAP S4HANA.

Most often, we deal with manufacturing CPG customers. We prefer the complete SAP S4HANA Suite, with all of the functionalities, and the use cases are typically everything that is offered from the processes in that suite.

What is most valuable?

The key modules that I find most valuable are material management (MM), financial accounting and controlling (FICO), and human resources (HR). I am not exposed to all of the core features, but these are the ones that we generally prefer and propose.

What needs improvement?

The two things that need to be improved are price and customization. These are two dynamic changes that every customer will want.

I have been working with SAP S4HANA for the past year and a half.

Our customers for this solution are mixed in size. We have small-scale, medium-scale, and large-scale customers. The number of users also varies. It can be hundreds or multiple thousands.

I do not have experience with SAP technical support.

We have enough competency in our company that the initial setup is straightforward and we don't face many issues. There may be some complexity but it depends on the configuration.

The deployment model is a mixture of offerings and this choice is based on customer requirements. Sometimes it is a cloud deployment, whereas others are on-premises, and yet in some cases, it is a hybrid model.

We have an in-house team for deployment.

The price of this product is an issue for some customers.

What other advice do I have?

I highly recommend this product for all SAP customers who want to digitize and have a core business suite of applications.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

More SAP S4HANA reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with PeopleSoft
Learn what your peers think about SAP S4HANA. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
534,768 professionals have used our research since 2012.