SAS Visual Analytics Review
Great for data analysis and reports once we got it up and running. Recommended

Valuable Features:

• Includes great tools for performing data analysis, executing queries and developing reports. • We can develop all types of reports by using its web based interactive interface. It enables us to build, load, organize, view and save reports based on OLAP cubes and/or relational data from one or more data sources. • It offers us a central platform and support for maintaining consistent metadata, managing huge databases, business rules, data and security definitions. • Ensures our data credibility and consistency, so we can easily manage all of our data integration projects.

Room for Improvement:

• It is expensive. This is BI at the the high end. • Installation is complex. We required expensive professional services for installation. Would be nice to be able to do the install ourselves! • We had compatibility issues while integrating SAS.

Other Advice:

We are using SAS because it provides us a complete set of BI capabilities. We use its role based portal to define the access level of each member of our team. I love the wizard-based report creation function which helps us in creating reports with enhanced graphs and skins. I also really like that we can print reports in PDF format and export data in any format to Excel as per our requirements. SAS in my opinion is an excellent BI solution if you have the money.
1 visitor found this review helpful