SAS Visual Analytics Review

It enables forecasting without a background in statistics, but data preparation and management need work.

What is most valuable?

• Visual analytics
  • Reporting
  • Predictions features

How has it helped my organization?

We have detected a high margin group of customers with very little work.

What needs improvement?

Data preparation, and data management need work, as without Enterprise Guide, if you use SAS/VA alone (not SAS/VA pro), it will be hard to do the data preparation.

Forecasting is a very easy tool to use, and you don't need a great background on statistics. However, if you need to do forecasting with many groups of data in an industrialized way, then SAS/VA is not a suitable solution, because forecasting in SAS/VA is easy, but it needs a lot of manual work.

I've used it for one year, alongside other SAP products such as SAS/Enterprise Guide.

Data preparation problems, as SAS/VA needs a big, aggregated (all columns) table to work well. We didn't know the importance of data preparation.

We work in the cloud, and therefore it was quick and easy to implement.

I would rate them high as they're good and quick.

I would rate them high as they're good and quick.

I knew Business Objects and QlikView. I started with SAS/VA because the client needed prediction and forecasting features.

I used a vendor team whose expertise was high. There was also a third party consulting team, with high-medium expertise

The initial cost is just for the licenses, and the day-to-day cost is the consulting services.

We also looked at Qlikview. It was good at visualization, but poor about prediction and forecasting features, so we chose SAS Visual Analytics.

What other advice do I have?

It's important to have a data preparation tool like SAS/Enterprise Guide if your data model is complex or your volume of data high.

7.2
More SAS Visual Analytics reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about SAS, Tableau, Microsoft and others in Business Intelligence (BI) Tools. Updated: January 2021.
464,369 professionals have used our research since 2012.