SAS Visual Analytics Review

Two of the most valuable features are its forecasting capabilities and the user-friendly report access and view control.

Valuable Features:

• Reporting capability
  • Rapid data processing
  • Seamless
  • User-friendly report access and view control
  • Forecasting capabilities

All these features blend in very well together. Users from the most non-technical backgrounds can use this tool to pull out valuable insights from their data.

Improvements to My Organization:

We implemented this product for our client as a BI/reporting tool. It has been key to addressing some major bottlenecks in our client’s CAPEX/OPEX planning.

Room for Improvement:

SAS Visual Analytics was often prone to crashing. Modules with barely 20 to 30 GB datasets took a lot of time to load even after satisfying necessary software specifications (RAM, etc.).

Use of Solution:

I've used it for roughly four months. I used this tool for reporting purposes when I was in KPMG India.

Deployment Issues:

There was no issues with the deployment.

Stability Issues:

The tool was subject to frequent crashes/errors with incremental data.

Scalability Issues:

There's been no issues with the scalability.

4/10 - customer support experience has been quite poor. Perhaps this is to do with the fact that SAS India outsources its support function.

Initial Setup:

Implementation of SAS is a very complex process. In fact, SAS employs a technician at the time of implementation and it takes about 1-2 days. There are several controls/firewalls layered throughout the process.

Implementation Team:

All the technical help was provided by SAS. We were responsible for operational/post-implementation activities.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

In terms of ROI, our client was able to chart out a viable savings plan using the insights we drew using SAS Visual Analytics.

Other Solutions Considered:

SAS products/licensing fees are generally higher than industry standards.

Other Advice:

Please ensure you go through the implementation process with a SAS team member. There are a series of access/authority barriers that require SAS technical help.

1 visitor found this review helpful
1 Comment
User at a tech company with 10,001+ employeesVendor

Well written review :).. Forecasting is surely the strongest capability of the solution. Can you highlight the no. of core licenses you were using- crash may be due to crossing over the permitted limit. Did you managed to use 7.3 its more faster & cleaner..

01 February 16