SAS Visual Analytics Review

Two of the most valuable features are its forecasting capabilities and the user-friendly report access and view control.

Valuable Features:

• Reporting capability
  • Rapid data processing
  • Seamless
  • User-friendly report access and view control
  • Forecasting capabilities

All these features blend in very well together. Users from the most non-technical backgrounds can use this tool to pull out valuable insights from their data.

Improvements to My Organization:

We implemented this product for our client as a BI/reporting tool. It has been key to addressing some major bottlenecks in our client’s CAPEX/OPEX planning.

Room for Improvement:

SAS Visual Analytics was often prone to crashing. Modules with barely 20 to 30 GB datasets took a lot of time to load even after satisfying necessary software specifications (RAM, etc.).

Use of Solution:

I've used it for roughly four months. I used this tool for reporting purposes when I was in KPMG India.

Deployment Issues:

There was no issues with the deployment.

Stability Issues:

The tool was subject to frequent crashes/errors with incremental data.

Scalability Issues:

There's been no issues with the scalability.

4/10 - customer support experience has been quite poor. Perhaps this is to do with the fact that SAS India outsources its support function.

Initial Setup:

Implementation of SAS is a very complex process. In fact, SAS employs a technician at the time of implementation and it takes about 1-2 days. There are several controls/firewalls layered throughout the process.

Implementation Team:

All the technical help was provided by SAS. We were responsible for operational/post-implementation activities.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

In terms of ROI, our client was able to chart out a viable savings plan using the insights we drew using SAS Visual Analytics.

Other Solutions Considered:

SAS products/licensing fees are generally higher than industry standards.

Other Advice:

Please ensure you go through the implementation process with a SAS team member. There are a series of access/authority barriers that require SAS technical help.

7.1
More SAS Visual Analytics reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about SAS, Tableau, Microsoft and others in Business Intelligence (BI) Tools. Updated: March 2021.
473,792 professionals have used our research since 2012.
1 Comment

author avatarit_user296412 (User at a tech company with 10,001+ employees)
MSP

Well written review :).. Forecasting is surely the strongest capability of the solution. Can you highlight the no. of core licenses you were using- crash may be due to crossing over the permitted limit. Did you managed to use 7.3 its more faster & cleaner..