Sauce Labs Review

Enables us to configure multiple test scenarios and pinpoint which internet browser we want to test

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case for this solution is for automation testing on mobile and web on our testing environment so we can implement continuous integration and continuous delivery into the workplace. With the automation practice being used we are able to deliver more and possibly deliver daily after each build is created in theory. With the automation, we can now focus time testing the higher traffic areas or higher risk areas that could possibly crash or cause a bad experience for the end-user of either the web or mobile application.

How has it helped my organization?

Sauce Labs has improved the organization with the ability to test more internet browser configuration, more mobile testing devices that are not a flagship phone, and more operating systems. With the internet browser testing, we are able to config multiple test scenarios and pinpoint which internet browser we want to test on and what operating system we want to run the test on. So with Sauce Labs, we are able to cover multiple Chrome, Firefox, and safari variations to support and test for all users.

What is most valuable?

The feature that I have found most valuable is their device bank. With this, I am able to test more niche phones that is not a flagship and have the ability to support the end-user. This has been useful because when older devices from Android and iOS are running older OS and they experience a crash, it has been hard in the past to replicate their issues without purchasing that device and hoping it matches the phone specs. With the device bank, it seems like all a major of phones from android 5.0 are covered up to the current.

What needs improvement?

A service that could be improved is some of their Wiki documents are either outdated or point to broken URLs; however when contacting the customer service they are able to respond in a quick manner with either an updated document or with the steps to fix the issue.

Another feature that could still be improved on is more error clarity. Sometimes when running automated scripts the test will fail on the device side instead of the script and errors only show a 500 try again message instead of a detailed script that could of a been a timeout error from the code.

The company has been using Sauce Labs for 8 months.

No we were not using a different solution.

I think a longer trial period would be beneficial. Instead of 14 days look at 28 days due to in part the company that is on the trial period could be busy or possibly busy during the trial period.

We looked at other options but found that Sauce Labs was the best option to support both Web and Mobile.

More Sauce Labs reviews from users