Sauce Labs Reviews

Filter by:Reset all filters
Luis Arley Gomez De Oro
Executive Chef at a non-tech company
Jul 16 2018

What is most valuable?

They offer a large number of devices and browser/operating system combinations for real device tests. I can eliminate having to find a person with the necessary device or browser who will perform the tests quickly on my desk. It also allows me to use the Selenium script test which eliminates more… more»

How has it helped my organization?

Our organization has improved by testing our website on more devices and browsers than we currently have. We were able to test on the newest browsers without installing them on our computers, and test the newest operating systems without updating our mobile devices.

What needs improvement?

It would be nice for it to ask for the URL along with browser/operating system I want to try, but not for it to simply ask for a combination. I want to be able to start ten at the same time. I would also like to put a username and password before the test launch instead of entering ten tabs and… more»

Arun Louis
MTS at HCL Technologies
Mar 01 2018

What is most valuable?

* Cloud testing * Performance testing * Continuous integration testing * Easy to integrate with the other platform for tracking purposes.

How has it helped my organization?

It helped to integrate our performance testing and UAT, which helped to deliver a bug free software for our customers.

What needs improvement?

Sauce Labs needs to be improved in the different platforms for farm testing, like iOS and Android farm testing and farm testing web browsers.

Compared with other services, Sauce Labs is a bit expensive.

Sauce Labs is the first service that I am using.

What other advice do I have?

I am now an expert in Sauce Labs and can build more test scripts.

We evaluated different services, e.g., LambdaTest.
Find out what your peers are saying about Sauce Labs, BrowserStack, SmartBear and others in Functional Testing Tools. Updated: February 2020.
399,540 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Julio Gomez Ramirez
Gerente de oficina at a logistics company
Jul 11 2018

What is most valuable?

Sauce Labs has one of the best infrastructures available for browser automation, and it keeps getting better. You have a huge amount of open source, community provided resources, which allow you to do almost anything right away.

How has it helped my organization?

Sauce Labs has been very important to our project. We have used Sauce Labs to run our builds for both mobile and desktop web applications, as well as for nightly regression builds. The only reason we have stopped using Sauce Labs is due to project budget and the removal of an automated QA resource. Still, we have hooked up a pretty spiffy Jenkins and Sauce Labs in conjunction with several third… more»

What needs improvement?

Integration with Github, as well as several other similar tools, could be improved. However, Sauce Labs appears to be on that track. With all of the innovations that they have made over the past year and a half, I am looking forward to the changes they have planned for the future.
Chris Hyde, MIS
Test Lead at a pharma/biotech company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Mar 13 2018

What is most valuable?

Maintaining many environments for test is a bear. These guys make it so easy with their CI integration that you can have tests going in after a few hours.

How has it helped my organization?

It makes my life much easier.

What needs improvement?

There have been various times throughout the last month or so where the service has gone down during business hours. This has impacted a release or two, so it is definitely less than ideal. Increasing uptime would be a good focus.

Now that we have an enterprise license, we no longer have to worry about minutes each month!
Akash Dhanagundi
Front-End Web Developer at a tech services company
Aug 05 2018

What is most valuable?

Appium for mobile testing has improved our organization by allowing us to test our website on more devices and browsers than we currently possess.

How has it helped my organization?

It's easy to implement and is time saver. Initially, there were some stability issues with IE9 combos but have since been resolved. They have excellent customer service.

What needs improvement?

Progress towards reducing application testing time can be made. There should be better and programmatic controls on request/response recordings and sharing with developers similar to new testing frameworks on the market.

User
Software Engineer at a marketing services firm with 51-200 employees
Jun 10 2018

What do you think of Sauce Labs?

What is our primary use case?

Testing a browser-based application. We have a hotel booking site which is used across a wide variety of platforms. Starting out, we are mainly used for manual checks. However, we are in the process of getting automation.

How has it helped my organization?

Testing across multiple devices and environments is now possible to do quickly and effectively.

What is most valuable?

Being able to test on real devices is a big deal.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes pasting text while using "text object" does not seem to work, and it slows down testing times quite a bit.

Still implementing.

Previously, we only had four test devices, and it usually took…
j4v1
User
Testing Advocate & Technical Leader at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
Jun 19 2018

What is most valuable?

* Real devices (Test Object): It is very important to test everything on real devices, not only in simulators. * Analytics: It is important to know what, when, and where tests are falling, then improve them and the application.

How has it helped my organization?

Sauce Labs gives us the availability to use any browser and OS combination whenever we want, with only a few clicks. This is very useful for our IT department. It is also used by our customer experience and marketing departments to reproduce some issues detected by our customers.

What needs improvement?

An image comparison would be a nice feature to include in the Sauce Labs product.
abhayr
Senior Quality Engineer at Quest Software
Dec 19 2018

What do you think of Sauce Labs?

What is our primary use case?

Validates our cloud application on multiple browsers. The application is based on Node and is hosted and deployed on the cloud. The application is supported on all major browsers.

How has it helped my organization?

Sauce Labs provided the capability to test our application on multiple browsers. It allows us to not have to worry about setup and cleanup every time we want to run the tests.

What is most valuable?

Sauce Connect gave us ability to test an application that was hosted locally. Playback recording of the entire test suite also helped us while debugging failures.

What needs improvement?

Ability to configure the memory and CPU for the test machines  Ability to install profiles on iOS real mobile devices

For how long have I used the

See 2 More Sauce Labs Reviews

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About Sauce Labs

399,540 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Sauce Labs Questions

What is Sauce Labs?

Sauce Labs provides the world's largest secure and highly scalable automation cloud for testing desktop, mobile web, native, and hybrid applications. Sauce Labs helps companies accelerate software development cycles, improve application quality, and deploy with confidence across 450+ browser/OS/device/platform combinations.

Sauce Labs customers

Salesforce.com, Mozilla, Zendesk, Puppet Labs, Twitter, Bank of America, Eventbrite, Bleacher Report, Okta, Intuit, Travelocity, Sharecare, CapitalOne.

Read Archived Reviews
BUYER'S GUIDE
Download our free Functional Testing Tools Report and find out what your peers are saying about Sauce Labs, BrowserStack, SmartBear, and more!