Sauce Labs Review

The multitude of browser and OS versions are helpful for broadening testing scope.

What is most valuable?

I find that the multitude of browser and OS versions are very helpful for broadening testing scope.

How has it helped my organization?

Helps us free up local environment space and has freed up time for more exploratory testing with QA engineers.

What needs improvement?

I don't feel there are any real areas for improvement. As long as you follow best practices for programming automated tests and running them via Sauce Labs, then things tend to go smoothly.

I have used it for one year.

There were no real issues with deployment that weren't easily solved by reviewing documentation or having another pair of fresh eyes on the issues.

We encountered minor issues with stability from time to time but Sauce Labs continues to make improvements. Following best practices in our automated code also helps minimize stability issues.

We haven't had any scalability issues so far. We have built a fairly scalable automated framework to handle expansion.

Customer service is 10/10. Sauce Labs is quick to help and easy to reach out to for information or troubleshooting. They even make an effort to keep in touch and reach out preemptively.

Technical support is 10/10; plenty of resources to research before reaching out to tech support. As I've stated, Sauce Labs is very approachable and makes the effort to check in on you.

I’m satisfied with the services that SauceLabs provides. For me personally, as someone just learning all about implementation and exploring the tool, I have no valid complaints about the service itself. Any blockers I come across are easily solved by reviewing documentation, contacting a representative, or sitting down with someone locally who is more familiar with SauceLabs to solve any issues.

We did not previously use another solution

Setup was straightforward because we had help from employees that had previous experience. Additionally, documentation was helpful and it is easy to reach out to a Sauce Labs representative for hands-on help.

We implemented through an in-house team.

Sauce Labs helps us free up local environments, free up time for more exploratory testing, and assists in getting releases certified and pushed to production.

Try the free trial and work with a Sauce Labs representative to see what package works best for your application(s). They are definitely worth looking into and will most likely be the way to go.

Sauce Labs was implemented as a solution before I joined the company so I'm unaware of what other tools, if any, were evaluated.