Sauce Labs Review

Cloud-based solution for multi-browser/platform testing with extensive documentation and good customer service

What is most valuable?

The ability to run on multiple browsers, simulators, and emulators and the ability to proxy to other locations. Also, it runs on the cloud, so you don't have physical setups to run all of this.

How has it helped my organization?

Currently, it's being used to run tests after deployment of some of our services so we know the status of the services. We also use it to run tests on a schedule so we can check the status of the services (if it's passing/failing). Because we can start up more than one VM through it, we can also run the tests in parallel, meaning tests can be completed faster than running it locally on one machine.

What needs improvement?

Start execution time as each time a set of tests start, it will launch a new VM so it takes a bit of time.

A couple of months.

Just some of the slowness, we are still investigating if this can be improved on our end and if it's network related.

Some browsers doesn't support video playback which we use for some of our tests.

If too many tests are run in parallel using Sauce Connect, sometimes the tests time out. So we had to limit the number of parallel executions.

Pretty good. The customer service guys are responsive, and will respond with a reply in less than a day.

It is also quite good. Some good suggestions are given when questions are asked.

Previously, we were only running it locally.

Pretty straightforward as the documentation is quite extensive.

In-house.

I would say quite high.

Trial the product and see if it suits your needs.

Nope.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend - the community and customer service are good. The improvements are continuous with regular updates.