Sophos EPP Suite Review

A simple interface, good reporting, and easy to set up

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution for a variety of small and medium-sized companies for endpoint protection.

What is most valuable?

For the Endpoint Protection, there are a few different features that are great. The Sophos Interface has got a very good feature for the de-planning that protects the rear de-modeller. The firewall can be completely in there with the Sophos Endpoint agents that are being installed in clients in real-time. The Endpoint Protection also has new features with the EDI Engine. The Endpoint Detection and response won't quit, which is something that the clients appreciate.

In terms of the Firewall, the EAP assist, the simple interface and the reporting features are quite good for clients. It's very easy to understand and to navigate the Dashboard.

What needs improvement?

The support could be improved. The response times are slow.

Most of my clients are comfortable with the product and how it operates, but I'm sure there could be improvements that could be made.

The solution needs to move from small businesses to large enterprises so they can compete with the 40 gig Check Point. They need to build a product for that environment.

I've been using the solution for just over two years.

The stability of the solution is pretty good.

Scalability is a bit limited. There are times you are supposed to open up the APIs for other vendors or developers to plug in their product information. However, currently, Sophos integrates well only with its own products. It's not easy to integrate other solutions in order to expand.

Largely, I consult with small and medium-sized companies of up to 120 users.

In terms of technical support, sometimes you write the ticket, and you're afraid to pass it on, because they are unresponsive. That could be a combination of technical support and the guys in the field or the complex communication between two or three levels of technical support. They need to streamline the support so that there's less confusion between who will respond.

The initial setup is quite simple. It's very straightforward.

The length of time it takes depends on the deployment. It varies because some client environments are very small, so it can take a few hours, or a few minutes if you're good at it. Some deployments can take many hours or even a day depending on what you're considering and the environment.

You only need one person for deployment and maintenance.

I typically handle the deployment myself if I'm not bombarded with too many projects.

What other advice do I have?

I have clients that both use the on-premises and cloud deployment models. I'm a consultant and I advise the clients based on their environments and current needs.

Central management is one thing that stands out with this solution. Other products are now catching up in terms of offering central management. With Sophos, you can manage all the products from one central dashboard. You don't have to install different management consoles. The product is pretty straightforward for the average user.

You cannot choose a more complete Sophos EPP Suite, especially if you're looking for a secure environment. You can secure both the network, the infrastructure and the gateways and share security information. Synchronized security is something I would advise others to look into when they're considering a product.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

More Sophos EPP Suite reviews from users
...who compared it with Trend Micro Smart Protection
Learn what your peers think about Sophos EPP Suite. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
457,209 professionals have used our research since 2012.