Sophos EPP Suite Overview

Sophos EPP Suite is the #18 ranked solution in our list of endpoint security software. It is most often compared to Microsoft Defender Antivirus: Sophos EPP Suite vs Microsoft Defender Antivirus

What is Sophos EPP Suite?
Protect every user and every device from malware, spam, data loss and more with our Enduser Protection bundles. Only Sophos delivers best-of-breed endpoint, mobile, encryption, email and web security solutions licensed per user and backed by the best support in the industry.

Sophos EPP Suite is also known as EPP Suite.

Sophos EPP Suite Buyer's Guide

Download the Sophos EPP Suite Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

Sophos EPP Suite Customers
EK Services
Sophos EPP Suite Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Sophos EPP Suite pricing:
  • "It may be possible to negotiate licensing cost based on volume."
  • "Willing to discount when you are switching from another product. Upgrading services will end up costing more, as expected."

MM
Network Administrator at Transgulf Readymix
Stops infections from spreading around an internal network even after the problems have infiltrated it

What is our primary use case?

The use case is that many businesses are trying to make an effort to secure their IT assets more rigorously. Right now, in 2020, and last year, in 2019, a lot of businesses became aware of the incidents that are happening in digital media with security issues. There were many incidents involving ransomware, hacking attempts, botnet — all those things. This made the people more aware and scared about the security of their systems. That is the reason we are selecting products to try and provide the best security endpoints possible for our clients.

• "Sophos EPP Suite has the capability to stop infections from spreading around the internal network even after the problems have infiltrated it."
  • "Sophos does not currently inform users of potential compatability issues with Windows updates."

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate Sophos as a nine.
CG
Manager of Information Security at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Great DLP, very easy initial setup, and quite stable

What is our primary use case?

We use the Sophos suite for a lot of things. We use it for the DLP and we can use it for the EDR. We use it for mobile device management and in application control as well. Those are some of the main uses of the application.

• "The solution's most valuable aspect, for us, is the DLP portion of the product."
  • "The solution has a strange technical support process where you need to move through all of these tiers before you can get to someone who can help you. They should streamline the process and make it easier to speak to the correct level of support from the outset."

What other advice do I have?

We're just a Sophos customer. We don't have a special relationship with the client. We're using the latest version of the solution. In terms of adopting this technology, I'd advise other organizations to work with their integration team and know the products in and out before getting started. They will have to spend a lot of time planning the process with Sophos. However, Sophos has a team that will help companies do that, which really helps simplify the process. We personally didn't use them for the integration piece, but we did have the conversation with how to get it deployed, and testing…
Learn what your peers think about Sophos EPP Suite. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
511,307 professionals have used our research since 2012.
GW
ICT manager at oosterhof holman
An all-in-one suite of tools that can makes our infrastructure more secure

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use is the main service and really the name of the product: Endpoint Protection. It's a firewall, it has antivirus protection and we use it for the encryption of our disks. It's also our web protection to keep out browser intrusion or infections.

• "So easy to deploy and use that you really don't even need their technical support."
  • "Configuring notifications is lagging a bit behind the curve as the product should be able to direct exactly where any notification type is sent."

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate Sophos EPP (EndPoint Protection) Suite as an eight. I think there's always something which could be better, but I might not know what. Really I could give it a nine because I can recommend the product as an excellent solution.
AndrewOkamar
Network & Endpoint Security Consultant at a tech company with 1-10 employees
A simple interface, good reporting, and easy to set up

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution for a variety of small and medium-sized companies for endpoint protection.

• "In terms of the Firewall, the EAP assist, the simple interface and the reporting features are quite good for clients. It's very easy to understand and to navigate the Dashboard."
  • "The support could be improved. The response times are slow."

What other advice do I have?

I have clients that both use the on-premises and cloud deployment models. I'm a consultant and I advise the clients based on their environments and current needs. Central management is one thing that stands out with this solution. Other products are now catching up in terms of offering central management. With Sophos, you can manage all the products from one central dashboard. You don't have to install different management consoles. The product is pretty straightforward for the average user. You cannot choose a more complete Sophos EPP Suite, especially if you're looking for a secure…
AM
Information Security Manager at KIK Custom Products
Good anti-malware and filtering, but shows a lot of false positives

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for endpoint protection. We use it as an antivirus and for web filtering.

• "The anti-malware and web filtering are the solutions most valuable aspects."
  • "The solution isn't quite accurate enough. It provides a lot of false positives."

What other advice do I have?

Although I don't know the version number, I'm using the most up to date one. I'd advise organizations considering implementing the solution to first consider their requirements. They need to know what they are looking for. There are a lot of vendors out there that offer many of the same features. However, if there's just one critical feature that's necessary, you need to be sure it will work correctly for your company. You also need to make sure you are choosing something that is compatible with other solutions that intersect. We've had experiences where we thought that a certain piece of…
SG
Sophos Certified Technician at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
My firewall knows exactly what's going on in my endpoint; it takes my production level one step higher

What is our primary use case?

My focus with this solution has been on the firewall and endpoint protection. The ransomware protection technique and pattern of detecting the malware happens using behavioral analysis. It then looks at where the attack is directed and which command and control servers are connected with that malware or that application. We are partners with Sophos and I'm a Sophos-certified technician.

• "Synchronized security is a great feature. My firewall knows exactly what is happening in my endpoint."
  • "The solution lacks technical support."

What other advice do I have?

We might increase usage down the track but not for now, things are very uncertain with the coronavirus. If there was a guide available, that would be helpful for securing of the network. I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.
MiriamChahuruva
ICT Director at a university with 201-500 employees
Scans silently, but the setup was complicated and machines started getting viruses

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for all our machines in our labs at the university. We use it for endpoint protection.

• "With Sophos, the scanning of viruses and scanning of the disk is done silently in the background."
  • "The solution is not easy to use in comparison to other endpoint security solutions."

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model. Our experience with Sophos has been mixed. They need to follow up with their local partners to ensure whatever issues their clients are having are resolved. At this point, I wouldn't recommend the solution to others. I'd rate the solution five out of ten. Earlier, when we installed the solution, we didn't have too many challenges. Challenges didn't start until we started getting reports of people having viruses on their computers when Sophos was running, which makes me concerned that it isn't a secure solution.
BY
Technician at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Scalable, easy to use, and quite stable

What is our primary use case?

We're Sophos partners for Africa, primarily in the Ivory Coast. We decided to use it first for testing purposes before proposing it to our customers as an option for them.

• "It's very simple to use. The managing of the endpoints is very easy."
  • "In my country, having an on-premises deployment model is preferred. In this part of the world, on-premises is still the way many companies want to go. Therefore, they should supply some sort of option that allows for that reality."

What other advice do I have?

We're a Sophos partner. We have a business relationship with the company. I would recommend the solution. Overall, I would rate it eight out of ten.
See 9 more Sophos EPP Suite Reviews
Download our free Sophos EPP Suite Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.