Sophos Network Access Control Review

Offers amazing Wi-Fi control and top-notch security

What is our primary use case?

Within our organization, there are roughly 450 users, using this solution.

Currently, I would say we're only using about 50% of the full functionality of the device. We definitely will keep using this solution in the future.

What is most valuable?

The feature I love the most is probably the wifi. The wifi control is fantastic and makes it very easy to administer. The security is also top-notch. Since we've been using this product, we've not had any problems with regards to threats. I'm very happy with this solution.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see mobile administration capabilities in the next release so that we can administer the device from a mobile device.

I have been using Sophos Network Access Control for three years.

Sophos Network Access Control is both very scalable and stable.

We've only ever needed technical support once and we resolved the problem in about half an hour. I am very pleased with the customer support.

The customer support speed is good. The only problem I had was my time zone because I am in Africa and we don't have any local support in Africa. So the support I receive is always via Europe, so Internet access always causes some delays.

We used to use Cisco; and before Cisco, we used Microsoft Proxy Server. We moved from Microsoft to Cisco, and then from Cisco to Sophos. We switched because Cisco was too expensive and complex.

The initial setup was very easy. That was one of the reasons why we selected the product — it's both easy and reliable.

I believe we deployed all three sites in just two days.

We implemented the solution internally — I did it myself.

What other advice do I have?

I would absolutely recommend this solution, 100%. On a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of ten. I think this is one of the best products I've discovered in the last few years. I love this product, I just wish there was a bigger footprint in Africa.

More Sophos Network Access Control reviews from users
...who compared it with Cisco NAC Manager and Server [EOL]
Find out what your peers are saying about Sophos, Aruba Networks, Cisco and others in Network Access Control (NAC). Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.