Sophos Network Access Control Review

It provides email alerts to the End User Computing team when endpoints have been compromised, but it would be nice to have AD integration.

What is most valuable?

• Comprehensive threat analysis
  • Network access compliance'
  • Ease of endpoint management
  • Low resource utilization

How has it helped my organization?

It provides email alerts to the End User Computing team when endpoints have been compromised, and enables network remediation for unknown endpoints.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see them include direct integration with Active Directory.

I've used it for five years.

No issues encountered.

Their customer support is really good and so is their documentation and knowledge base site.

It’s excellent, at one point our licensing lapsed and they still helped us with a complex virus outbreak.

Previously used McAfee and evaluated Kaspersky, we switched from McAfee to Sophos because of price and features.

The initial setup was straightforward, server deployment was easy and policy creation and templates were easy to setup with selection items from a list.

We implemented it in-house, just read the documentation and check the knowledge base, most of the issues that you’ll run into are documented.

The return on our investment was huge, mostly due to the time saved in managing thousands of physical endpoints.

What other advice do I have?

Test your remediation policy thoroughly before instituting it house wide.