Sophos Network Access Control Review

Great scalability, stability and performance

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution to manage all of our devices.

What is most valuable?

The scalability of the system and the performance of the system and the solution's most valuable features.

What needs improvement?

The solution could increase the integration with other platforms or other systems. This would be very useful.

I've been using the solution for more than three years.

The solution is quite stable.

The solution is quite scalable. We have plans to increase and to distribute the system into other departments internally within the company in the near future.

Technical support is good. There is a chat system that is very useful and it's quite easy to receive support on different questions through it.

For on-premises I used a different solution but it's not so easy to compare the solutions because they are both on a different level. We used a Bitdefender-like private solution, but this solution is not really comparable. With Sophos, you have data control also on their hardware interface because the system is completely integrated with the infrastructure of the company. And the private solution doesn't provide the same level for infrastructure. This feature is not so easy to make a one-to-one comparison.

If you have the correct knowledge base, the initial setup is not complex. Deployment took less than a week and took about three people. For maintenance, we only need one person to manage it.

I handled the implementation myself apart from one section that was related to the hardware, but mainly for the integration with the other devices internally to the company. In this case, I needed to have a person with more expertise in charge.

Licensing is on a yearly basis.

We didn't evaluate other options before choosing Sophos.

What other advice do I have?

We're a Sophos partner. We tend to use both deployment models. Mainly, the hardware is on-premise, but all the management is on the cloud. For me, it's a better way to use this solution.

The system right now covers all my needs and it's very comfortable to work with.

For those considering implementing the solution, they need to be sure to have a complete overview of the system at the beginning. They need to know how they want to solve the need and the problems that they have. Everyone should start with an overview from the top.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.