Sophos XG Review

Straightforward to set up, stable, and is well-suited to SMB

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and Sophos XG is one of the security products that we implement for our customers. We always provide them with the latest version.

What needs improvement?

The number of ports, especially on the entry-level appliances, should be increased.

The price of adding ports should be reduced to make it more competitive.

The vendor needs to create materials to show the differences between Sophos products and those from other vendors.

Network management needs to be included in the package.

As it is now, it only supports ten multiple users, which is something that should be increased.

I have been working with Sophos XG for approximately two years.

This solution is stable.

This is a scalable product and we have approximately 150 users.

We get our support from the local distributor.

Prior to Sophos XG, we used products from Fortinet and Forcepoint.

The Forcepoint product is doing well. We have a different perimeter firewall for our data center that uses it because we use different vendors for different sites.

This is an on-premises appliance and the installation is straightforward. It can be deployed in less than an hour. However, according to the number of users and the number of ports that will be connected, the design may vary. This makes it difficult to estimate the time required to do a full implementation of the product.

We have four people in charge of maintenance, although they do not work exclusively with Sophos. We have another appliance from another vendor. The entire team, including their manager, is about 10 people.

The price is in the mid-range and it is very good for small to medium-sized businesses. One license opens everything.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a good product and I would recommend it for small to mid-sized customers.

More Sophos XG reviews from users
...who compared it with Fortinet FortiGate
Learn what your peers think about Sophos XG. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.