Sophos XG Review

Seamless VPN connection that is easy to manage and reasonably priced

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the VPN aspect. It has been beneficial for my users who work from home. Connectivity and from a security aspect.  The security aspect of this is quite good. It measures up to the standard that I expect.

From a Firewall perspective and then user management, easy to manage and the user experience, profile, are giving me what I am expecting.

During this COVID era, the VPN has really been helpful. We can seamlessly connect to the applications remotely and work from home.

What needs improvement?

In the Firewall, the Intrusion Prevention System can be improved. Now because COVID has come to stay, people tend to work from home, and cybersecurity has been on the high side.

It can improve more on the security aspect of this so that it can combat any major threat or common bug. I am not saying that the security has become compromised, as it is usually active, but they can improve on it.

Local and technical support can be improved.

When firmware updates are complete, there were issues with connectivity and VPN users. Recently, I stopped updating the firmware because I didn't want to obstruct the connectivity of the staff working remotely at different locations.

I have stopped doing any updates until the issue can be addressed.

I have been using Sophos XG for approximately 12 months.

When you compare with Barracuda, Sophos is quite a bit cheaper.

With Sophos, you can upgrade on what you need and upgrade as time goes on. I think that it's relatively open, compared to other products.

What other advice do I have?

More Sophos XG reviews from users
...who compared it with Fortinet FortiGate
Learn what your peers think about Sophos XG. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
534,226 professionals have used our research since 2012.